Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
According to that Secret Service codename generator, I’d be ‘Margarita’. Not bad.
The presidential and VP candidate have the option of choosing their own codenames. Family members get codenames that start with the same letter as the candidate’s. Here are a bunch of them—I bolded the funniest ones (or the ones most likely to inspire puerile jokes):
- Barack Obama: Renegade
- Michelle Obama: Renaissance
- Malia Obama: Radiance
- Sasha Obama: Rosebud
- Joe Biden: Celtic
- Jill Biden: Capri
- Rahm Emanuel: Black Hawk
- Josh Bolten: Fat Boy (after a motorcycle)
- Mitt Romney: Javelin
- Paul Ryan: Bowhunter
- Janna Ryan: Buttercup (apparently Paul’s nickname for her. Gross)
- Rick Santorum: Petrus (after his grandfather, Pietro)
- Bill Clinton: Eagle
- Hillary Clinton: Evergreen
- Chelsea Clinton: Energy
- Al Gore: Sawhorse (VP)/Sundance (pres. candidate)
- Tipper Gore: Skylark
- George W. Bush: Trailblazer/Tumblr when his dad was president
- Laura Bush: Tempo
- Barbara Bush: Turquoise
- Jenna Bush: Twinkle
- George H. W. Bush: Timberwolf
- Barbara Bush: Tranquility
- Dick Cheney: Angler
- Lynne Cheney: Author
- John McCain: Phoenix (he let the Secret Service give him this nickname)
- Meghan McCain: Peter Sellers
- Bridget McCain: Pebbles
- John Sidney McCain IV: Popeye
- John Kerry: Minuteman (unfortunate)
- Teresa Heinz Kerry: Mahogany (least apt name ever?)
- Sarah Palin: Denali
- Todd Palin: Driller
- Cindy McCain: Parasol
- Karenna Gore: Smurfette (she picked it herself when she was 19 and soon regretted it)
- John F. Kennedy: Lancer (not subtle)
- Jackie Kennedy: Lace
- Caroline Kennedy: Lyric
- John F. Kennedy Jr: Lark
- Ted Kennedy: Sunburn
- Rose Kennedy: Coppertone (I see what they did there)
- Richard Nixon: Searchlight
- Pat Nixon: Starlight
- Jimmy Carter: Deacon
- Rosalynn Carter: Dancer
- Ronald Reagan: Rawhide
- Nancy Reagan: Rainbow
- Gerald Ford: Passkey
- Betty Ford: Pinafore
- Lyndon Johnson: Volunteer
- Lady Bird Johnson: Victoria
- Lynda Bird Johnson: Velvet
- Luci Baines Johnson: Venus
- Dwight Eisenhower: Providence
- Harry Truman: General
I’m sorry to have to get all X-Men about this, but
Remember when Rick Santorum was still running and ha ha ha doesn’t this look like Magneto is yelling at Santorum?
And now we learn that Santorum’s code name was from his GRANDFATHER PIETRO?
HAS MAGNETO BEEN BETRAYED BY HIS GREAT-GRANDSON?????
IS SANTORUM AN X-MEN VILLAIN?
WAS HE GOING TO RUN ON AN ANTI-MUTANT PLATFORM?
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAANNNNNN????
I was just watching an old clip of Jon Stewart on The O’Reilly Factor and they were debating about Khalid Sheik Mohammed being tried in a civilian court vs. a military tribunal and Jon Stewart said “I’m not afraid of these idiots! They’re not X-Men! That’s not Magneto!”
It’s about 37 minutes in.
donnapirana replied to your photo: I almost forgot that Kevin Bacon was in this goofy…
It’s like they cast him based on “who would look stupid as shit in Magneto’s helmet?”
Answer: Everyone. Including Magneto.
Page 1 of 5