Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
- There was a shooting at the Century Theater in Aurora Mall (Denver, CO area) during the midnight premiere of the new Batman movie.
- A man with a gas mask (or riot helmet and goggles) entered the theater just after midnight, set off some kind of gas canister (smoke?) and opened fire.
- So far, 14 people are reported dead (10 at the scene, 4 in hospital), with as many as 50 injured and being treated at various hospitals in the area.
- A suspect was arrested. He’s said to be a 24-year old man. There is no evidence of a second gunman.
- The suspect claims he has explosives, so his car and apartment were searched (and the building evacuated). (NBC reports no explosives were found in the car)
- No new information has been coming out for about 30 minutes or so, so I’m leaving it at this. I’ll delete my other posts so as not to smack people in the face with tons of no-longer-breaking news.
Ugh. This is just awful. I don’t even know what to say.
Thanks for the recap—anyone know why AP/NYTimes are saying 12 dead?
On NPR this morning they reported 14 at first but then amended it to 12. Information is still coming in. As of when I turned my radio off and came into work 20 minutes ago, the current official count was 12, down from 14 earlier in the morning.
83 notes (via aka14kgold & hagofhags)